Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Question #9

Which of the following explosives can't be made using only ingredients that can be obtained from a trip to Wal-Mart and Lowes or Home Depot? Name at least one of the required ingredients in the explosive(s) that can't be found or easily made from a product at one of the listed stores.

-Cyclonite

-Acetone Peroxide

-Trinitrotoluene

-Chlorate-Based Plastic Explosives

-PETN

14 comments:

  1. Gah! this one is. hard... still looking up info... ><

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm saying. cyclonite. I'm say we can't use C1 and C-2 and it won't be found at stores.

    http://www.tonyrogers.com/news/hexogen.htm

    :]?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok...I think you are wrong Nicole... I believe it is a Chlorate-based plastic explosive. It has semtex in it. can't be made from supplies at walmart I think...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Incorrect.

    C-1 and C-2 are different from cyclonite BTW.

    ReplyDelete
  5. >< .... i said this was hard. geez >< i tried tho!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're also wrong, Chris.

    Semtex is a plastic explosive that can't be made using Wal-mart/hardware srore ingredients,but it isn't a chlorate-based plastic explosive.

    And don't try asking Mr. Falk unless you want to get sent to the office for questioning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got this from something I saw on the History Channel originally, so it should be more difficult for you to find answers online.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay, I believe it is TNT, Trinitrotoluene. You need three molecules of nitro and one molecule of luene acid and I don't think you can get that from the stores...

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are incorrect again.

    You need to identify all the explosives in the list that can't be made using common materials and next to each one give the ingredient that can't be found or easily made.

    ReplyDelete
  10. And I want it all in one post. Don't just go down the list one at a time saying all five can't be made and giving a reason.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cyclonite- 100% red nitric acid

    -Trinitrotoluene- nitic acid.

    -PETN- tetranitrate - nitric acid

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nitric acid is difficult to obtain from anything but a chemical supplier, but buying it in the concentrations required will likely raise questions.

    ReplyDelete